Keck Medicine of USC – At a Glance
The University of Southern California (USC) has been a leader in education and research for over a century. It’s that same experience and dedication that make our medical enterprise — Keck Medicine of USC — one of the top academic medical institutions worldwide.
Patients traveling to Keck Medicine from outside the United States benefit from the expertise of some of the world’s leading physicians, as well as the most advanced treatments and therapies available across all medical disciplines. Our staff members are trained to address cultural sensitivities related to patient care, and we can assist with visas, travel arrangements, lodging, translation services and medical records management. We also provide our patients with cost estimates, payment processing assistance and options for second opinions.
Our goal is simple: to provide international patients with an unmatched health care experience so that they can focus on their journey to better health.
A leading enterprise
Keck Medical Center of USC is among the top 50 hospitals in the country in 12 specialties, as well as the top 3 hospitals in metro Los Angeles and top 5 hospitals in California, according to U.S. News & World Report’s 2021-22 Best Hospitals rankings. We are among the top 50 hospitals in the nation in the following specialties:
- Cardiology and heart surgery
- Diabetes and endocrinology
- Ear, nose and throat
- Gastroenterology and GI surgery
- Neurology and neurosurgery
- Pulmonology and lung surgery
Keck Hospital of USC
With a prestigious clinical staff that also serves as the academic faculty for the Keck School of Medicine of USC, Keck Hospital is a 401-bed acute care hospital committed to providing excellence in clinical care. We are nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report in several clinical specialties, and are ranked among the top hospitals in the state of California.
USC Norris Cancer Hospital
Our cancer treatment programs are based on a collaborative, multidisciplinary model in which care is personalized for every patient. Each patient’s care team may include imaging experts, pathologists, surgeons, medical oncologists and genetic counselors — all available under the same roof as part of a coordinated care plan to make patients’ care more convenient and reduce the number of necessary return visits.
Learn more about our areas of cancer treatment expertise, including:
- Breast Cancer: At the Harold E. and Henrietta C. Lee Norris Women’s Health Center, breast cancer surgeons have been leaders in offering onco-plastic surgery that combines tumor/tissue removal with breast reconstruction in the same procedure. We offer cutting-edge diagnostic services including the SoftVue 3D whole breast ultrasound imaging system for detecting breast cancer in dense breast tissue, and brachytherapy (SAVI system), which reduces the course of radiation after a lumpectomy to just one week. Learn more
- Colorectal Cancer: Our colorectal cancer treatment program is one of few in the world to integrate predictive and prognostic molecular biomarker profiling. Our highly skilled surgical team has expertise in laparoscopic and minimally invasive surgeries, which reduces recovery times and often lessens post-surgical pain. Medical oncologists at USC Norris Cancer Hospital use patients’ unique genetic information to customize chemotherapy plans. Our groundbreaking research program is the largest pre-clinical research program in the United States. Learn more
- Sarcoma: The USC Sarcoma Program combines the expertise of a fully integrated team of radiologists, medical oncologists, pathologists, orthopaedic surgeons and surgeons who specialize in soft tissue sarcoma. Procedures frequently include the involvement of our expert plastic surgeons in the reconstruction of soft tissue. Our team treats all types of sarcoma with treatment options that include surgery, radiation, chemotherapy and innovative techniques such as cryoablation. Learn more
- Urological Cancer: Our urological cancer treatment program combines the medical expertise of USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center with the urological surgical expertise of USC Urology. Our experts welcome the most difficult cases of bladder cancer, kidney cancer (renal cell cancer), prostate cancer, testicular cancer and other urological cancers. We offer the most advanced treatments, including image-guided targeting and 3D guidance; radical cystectomy for invasive bladder cancer, including nerve-sparing and fertility-sparing options when possible; transurethral resection (TUR); and urinary diversion. Learn more
USC Verdugo Hills Hospital
Since becoming part of Keck Medicine of USC in 2013, USC Verdugo Hills Hospital is a 158-bed community hospital offering excellent emergency care, primary care, and surgical services to the Glendale and La Cañada Flintridge communities. In-patient services include geropsychiatric care, intensive care, medical/surgical, orthopaedics, obstetrics, transitional care and telemetry.